The love of my Life

The love of my Life
The Shade of my Heart <3

Tuesday, February 1, 2011

How do I love you?

  I was reading a book to my kids the other day, and I found myself deep in thought about it after the book was done.  It was such a simple book, with simple words, but it really touched me.  Here are some of the pages in the book.

How do I love you? Let me count the ways.  I love you on your very best...and very worst of days.  
I love to see you laughing.  I love to hear you singing.  I love to see you smile.  
I'm happy when you're happy, and I'm sorry when you're sad.  And even though it may not show, I love you when you're bad.  
I love to see you deep in thought.  I love to watch you play.  
And thought I'm sure you'll never know, I love you more each day.  
How do I love you?  It's impossible to say.
For if I had a million days, and time enough for all the praise, I couldn't tell you all the ways...I love you.

  So full of truth.  The first time I read that book, I teared us when I was at the last page.  I can honestly say that I love my kids and husband just like the book explains.  Through good and bad, silly or serious, easy or difficult situations, my love for them does not stop or change.  I never thought I would be able to love this much.  Becoming a wife and a mother has deepened my heart and showed me that these people mean the most to me. 

  What strikes me the most about this, is I cannot wrap my mind around the fact that this is how my Heavenly Father loves me.  I tried to read this book like it was God talking to me.  It was hard to do.  I know He loves me, but as long as I'm on this earth, I will never be able to fathom the depth of His love for me.  I know that I love my kids and husband through all situations and the same (or more :) every day, but I can hardly believe that My Father feels this way about me.  What a humbling thought!  It certainly takes faith to believe this. 
  I am so glad that God gives us this love and lets us share it with other people.  What an awesome emotion to feel, give and live!

How do I love you?  It's impossible to say.
For if I had a million days, and time enough for all the praise, I couldn't tell you all the ways...I love you.

No comments:

Post a Comment