The love of my Life

The love of my Life
The Shade of my Heart <3

Tuesday, February 22, 2011

God does NOT tire

  Today, I was once again disappointed because I didn't hear from G.  I was really hoping that there would be a letter in the mail from him today.  I still haven't heard from him since last Tuesday evening.  It's frustrating not having any contact with your husband for a whole week.  I was able to finally send him some letters.  I've been writing for a week, and this was the 1st day I could send them.  I would love to see his face when he reads them.  It will be his first contact from home.  My goal in the letters is to uplift him, encourage him with my words and God's word, let him know we're ok over here, and assure him that my admiration and love for him has not changed.  Maybe tomorrow I will get a letter from him.  :)
   Tonight, after I had the kids in bed, I did some exercising in our family room.  This is not unusual, because G and I would exercise together frequently the weeks before he left.  I thought it would be good for me to try to focus on something else for a few minutes, and I also want to experience (on a much smaller scale, of coarse) a little bit of the physical challenges G might be going through.  He's being pushed in Texas, so I want to push myself here so we can share those feelings of physical limits and exhaustion.  
   I was on the floor in front of our couch, and had started doing sit-ups.  I was listening to a song that I loved when we were dating.  The words and music brought me back at least 7 years into my past, and I couldn't hold back my tears. 

I remember clearly how you looked The night we met
I recall your laughter and your smile
I remember how you made me Feel so at ease
I remember all your grace and your style

And now you're all I long to see
You've come to mean so much to me

Chances are I'll see you somewhere
In my dreams tonight
You'll be smiling like the night we met
...

  G and I have been together for 10 years.  We've been through alot.  We have so many beautiful memories from when we were dating, until now.  This song brought back alot of those memories, and reminded me of how I ache for him now.  I miss him......I miss him.
  I cannot express it enough how extremely grateful I am to know that Our Heavenly Father is watching over us, and caring for us through every step.  I am weary, and I am exhausted, and I can't do it all.  God is faithful, and He has been holding me up, and blessing me with the strength that I need.

"Hast thou not known? Hast thou not heard, that the everlasting God, 
the LORD, The Creator of the ends of the earth, fainteth not, neither is weary?  
There is no searching of His understanding.  He giveth power to the faint; 
and to them that have no might He increaseth strength."
~Isaiah 40:28-29

  How awesome, and what a privilege to lean upon the Lord who increases my strength when I am weak.  He is the only reason that I have not been completely consumed by loneliness and uncertainty.  With God's help, I know we'll be ok.  Some days are easier than others to say that, but His word assures me of His strength that never wearies, and His promises that do not fail. 

3 comments:

  1. Just FYI- they probably are not given the time or energy to write letters or call for the first week or 2. I think I got a call from Chris after week 1 was over and then it was only for a few minutes. Dont worry too much, as I know it is very hard not to do! Hang in there Sara! Hoping time will go by fast for you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Sarah -

    Thanks for sharing your heart in this time. I believe that blogging will really help you in this time, plus it'll be a great testament of God's provision years down the road.
    This song came to mind today. It may be one of those songs where you listen to it and just cry, but that's ok! Check it out at the link below.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RxdY6xFwXmA

    Praying for you!
    Laura Downey

    ReplyDelete
  3. I remember that song too--Rachel had it on the "Hope Floats" soundtrack. As much as that one rings true especially now, maybe the song "Smile" from the same cd can help temper the feelings :_)
    I'm so glad that you will be able to see G in a "few" weeks, and that it won't be a full 6 months without seeing him. That joy will surpass the agony of the waiting!

    I'm thinking of you and praying that God will meet your "daily grind" spiritual needs in the most beautiful, God-glorifying ways. We love you and are thankful for the sacrifice that your family is making out of service to our country.

    ReplyDelete