The love of my Life

The love of my Life
The Shade of my Heart <3

Wednesday, January 19, 2011

4 Weeks left...

  I only have 4 weeks left before G leaves for Texas. 

  I am constantly envisioning how my life will be once he's gone.  I'm not trying to sugar-coat any thing.  I'm trying to be as honest with myself and my feelings as I can be.  I am constantly trying to prepare myself for how alone and sad I will feel, but I know that none of such thoughts will really prepare the pain I will feel.  If I come across an uplifting verse, I draw strength from it, and tuck it back in my mind for when I will be thirsting for it's truths even more.  

 "When thou passest through the waters, I will be with thee; And through the rivers, they shall not overflow thee:  When thou walkest through the fire, thou shalt not be burnt."    ~Isaiah 43:2


   I heard a sermon preached on this verse in June of 2007.  I noted the verse in my Bible, and I have gone back to it several times in the last couple months.  I have found so much comfort in this verse.  It is states that we WILL go through trials. (waters, rivers, and fire)  Trials are inevitable.  The comfort that I find here, is that when I am going through these trials, God promises that He WILL be with me, and that my trials will not over come me!  What an Awesome God that is!  These next 7 months will be the hardest trial that I will have ever gone through.  But, I know, with out a shadow of a doubt, that God will be holding my hand, and He will not let this trial over take me. I am confident that He will be walking next to my family and providing the strength that we need.  He will grant us the perfect amount of peace and strength at the exact times that we will be desiring them.  God will take care of us, and I believe that He will use us and this situation for His honor and Glory.  
   Along with praying for peace and strength every day, I have also been praying for God to use and stretch me during this journey.  I genuinely want to be stretched by God, but honestly, I even hesitate to ask it of Him.  I hesitate because I know that that is putting me in a very venerable position.  I know God will be pulling me out of my comfort zone, and I hope to become a better Christian and person because of it.  
  Right now, I'm just trying to survive from day to day, and face my reality of only 4 weeks left.... 

2 comments:

  1. A great, encouraging song to go along with that passage is "how firm a foundation". It is nearly word for word. I find songs especially useful for encouragement because they roll around in my head for days on end.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad that you've decided to start this blog Sarah - I'm looking forward to sharing this journey with ya from a distance. You're absolutely right: a lot of growth happens outside of our comfort zone. It's beautiful to read the honesty of where your heart is at - God is delighted that you are turning towards him so faithfully!

    Much love,
    Rose

    ReplyDelete