The love of my Life

The love of my Life
The Shade of my Heart <3

Monday, March 7, 2011

The Silence is Broken!!

  It finally happened!  After 19 days of silence, G was finally able to contact me!  I feel like I had reached the end of my rope of not hearing anything from G.  Day after disappointing day, there was no mail, and no phone call from G.  Saturday, I was feeling particularly down.  I was really missing him, and wasn't sure how I was going to make another week without hearing from him.  
  I had been hoping to hear from him all day, and I even had my cell phone on me in church so I wouldn't miss a call.  I was getting ready to take a little nap yesterday after noon, and the phone rings.  I held my breath.  Could it really be?!?  I picked up the phone and offered my regular, "Hello, De Jongs."  I heard silence for a few seconds, and then the most glorious sound.  "Hi, Hunny!"
  The next 30 minutes was the best I'd had in the last 3 weeks.  It was filled with smiles, tears, "I love yous" and "I miss yous."  It was completely amazing to hear his voice again after 19 days of silence, and not knowing anything about him or what he was doing.  The call could not have come at a more needed time for both of us.  The last time that I did hear his voice, was on February 15, the night he flew into Texas.  The last thing he said to me was, "I love you, Hunny!"  It has surprised me how many times those 4 words replayed in my head.  It's like I needed to remind myself that he really did love me, and that our marriage was still real, and that he was still real.  
  Now, I feel like a giddy teenager.  It feels like we are dating again, and that we aren't allowed to see each other.  It's kinda' like our count down to see each other again, is like the count down we had until our wedding day.  I feel kinda' silly, but I'm getting all the butterfly feelings again when I think of him, and when I realize that this amazing man loves me back.  I am so in love with this man, and I am so proud of him!  He is my world, and I am proud to be his wife! :)  I am re energised to go on for another week, or however long it takes to hear from him again.  Praise the Lord for our reconnection!  Praise the Lord for His sustaining hand on our family during our separation!  And most of all, Praise the Lord for His Faithfulness to us!
  
   Here are some other things that make me happy :D
The fun dress I bought and plan to wear when I visit G in Texas when he graduates :)

The last text I received from G.  He calls me "Shade of My Heart."  It's a very personal, lovely name he calls me, and it has a deep meaning behind it....that I will keep between G and I :)

Dried plant from outside.  G made the metal "S" with his forge and anvil.  (He loves metal working)

The Decorating I did above our kitchen cabinets.  Most of the decorations have alot of meaning to me.  (Left to right...Decor 1--Metal flowers made by G, and glass bottle found in the attic of our house.  Decor 2--Flowers were my wedding bouquet.  Decor 5--Candle stand from our Unity candle, and wrapping is extra fabric from my wedding dress.  Decor 6--{can't see in this picture} Bobble Head that looks just like G. :)  Decor 7--Picture of G and I taking wedding pictures on our 4 year anniversary.  Decor 8--Ammo wooden box that belonged to G's Grandfather.)

This was my Saturday project!  It now hangs on my wall in our Family room, above pictures of our family. :)  Yay, me!   
 

2 comments:

  1. I am so excited that you got to hear from Grant! Yay! What a great feeling to have those butterflies back. Adds a little zip to the marriage!! :) Awesome! Can't wait to see what Grant thinks of the dress!! I'm sure he'll love it. Clevey loved my gray and green/black one! I'm bringing back the jean one, which I am okay with. Didn't need that many! I love your decorations!! Awesome De Jong sign. Points for you!! :) So happy for you!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I want to see the Grant bobble head.

    ReplyDelete